The Crazy Button! The Crazy Button!

FYI

Just so you know, you can just insta-beat it by clicking the red button again instead of PLAY, right at the beginning.

MasterSwank responds:

that was an accident

Jump Over Stuff 2 Jump Over Stuff 2

Pretty pro.

Pretty good concept, and one I haven't seen before. (I was afraid from the title that it was going to be some cookie-cutter platformer.) The graphics were pretty professional looking and the music worked with it well.

I was a little disappointed in the lazy backgrounds (MacOS Leopard default? Really?) Also could have used a freakin' preloader, but at least it didn't have one of those preloaders with the MochiAds. Those are lame.

Odd Snake Odd Snake

Shedding his skin...

"Nibbles" has been around since forever, but I like the idea of having the snake leave a piece of himself behind every time, as a wall I have to avoid. Little touches like that are like what made Galaxian different from (and better than) Space Invaders ... or Nibbles different from Lightcycles, for that matter!

Team Madness 2 Beta 0.3 Team Madness 2 Beta 0.3

Game no workie

I don't know if it was my browser or what, but it never made it through the preloader. The sound never started loading, and the "Total" was stuck at empty too.

My Nightmare My Nightmare

Good concept, gameplay could stand to be tweaked

The biggest flaw I see is the fact that the character cannot run up an incline and must jump in order to get even one pixel higher up than he is. So it's easy to get impossibly stuck in what should be an easy spot to navigate out of, or be forced to jump too much. I like the concept though.

I am curious to know whether you did any kind of optimization for this, or if the entire landscape just is one gigantic symbol. The gameplay bugs remind me very much of a platform-game template that runs very slowly on older computers. My current computer's fast enough that a poorly laid out game won't hurt performance at all, but some computers have a terrible time doing all the mathwork to move a 9000-pixel-wide symbol, even if most of it is offscreen (Flash itself is clearly not optimized either)

Demo Dodge : Goku Vs Cell Demo Dodge : Goku Vs Cell

I see what u did there

I was a bit confused why you made a "game" that just asks the user to follow instructions, but I get it now. You're planning to make a real fighting game and wanted to get the hang of the basic interactivity and player-triumphs-or-loses-based-on-the ir-actions-ity before you delved into something more complex. Good call. And good luck!

Cloud Rising Cloud Rising

Fun idea!

I'm not sure I understand how you're supposed to get any further than the first balloon. It only bounces you like ten pixels, nowhere near enough to get across the screen to the next one, and I can't use the up arrow to get higher than that. Great concept though.

HelixFox responds:

Try clicking again :)

MadCow MadCow

I love this concept!

Great idea! Such a unique approach to a Nibbles-style game. The pills were a nice touch especially. I would change the scoring system, though, to not get points for just sitting there. Seems like a guy could get the "high score" by just starting the game, leaving, and coming back in several hours.

Norton3000 responds:

I tried that, but the max score I got was around 4k. You get much more points by playing it. :)

PHP basics PHP basics

Actual PHP user weighing in here...

Not bad. It has a pretty good combination of starting-with-the-basics and commonly used/desired examples. I would have included a note that since PHP outputs HTML, tags should be included in the echo statements, along with newlines and indentation where appropriate for the sake of debugging. Also, I would have avoided Comic Sans. Like the plague. Oh, and the text boxes are editable; I dunno if you intended for it to do that or not; it might make people think it's a live demo where if you change the code it'll affect the text in the example output.

Larsflash responds:

well the boxes was intended... so they can edit without having to copy and paste...
yeah echoing is sure to be HTML like <? echo "<B>Hello ?</b>"; ?>